Date:      Mon, 12 Oct 1998 08:06:25 -0400
From:      "Stephen A. Derdau" <sderdau@ne.mediaone.net>
To:        Dmitry Kiryukhin <dmitry@neighbour.msk.ru>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Problem with network card

PNP card you may need to add support for
PNP in your kernel.  I believe you may want to check into this
option
Here is something I found at http://www.freebsd.org/search/
I type in PNP kernel support
HOPE THIS HELPS YOU !!!!
I'm bit new to this stuff:

You will need to add the modem's PnP ID to the PnP ID list in the serial driver.
To enable Plug
& Play support, compile a new kernel with controller pnp0 in the configuration
file, then
reboot the system. The kernel will print the PnP IDs of all the devices it
finds. Copy the PnP
ID from the modem to the table in /sys/i386/isa/sio.c, at about line 1200. Look
for the
string "SUP1310" in the structure "siopnp_ids[]" to find the table. Build the
kernel again, install,
reboot, and your modem should be found.