Date:      Mon, 16 Jun 1997 06:08:04 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Bryan K. Ogawa" <bkogawa@primenet.com>
To:        isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Internet providers discouraging customers from unix

In localhost.freebsd.isp you write:

[apple's trying to move to a Nextstep-based platform for MacOS]
>that it'll be a big step up for them. I don't see any sign that there'll be
>a command line interface to Mach however...

Someone, somewhere, recently posted a url where a guy talked about
Apple's presentation to some developers which sported a development
version of the new MacOS in development.  I think that page mentioned
their intention to package the system with Lites (4.4BSD on top of
Mach) for the interested (e.g. telnet to a Mac).

The plans sound good from an "I like it" perspective; I sure hope
Apple succeeds, since if they do, the results will almost surely
extend Unix's visibility.

--
bryan k ogawa  <bkogawa@primenet.com>   http://www.primenet.com/~bkogawa/