Date:      Mon, 04 Nov 2002 10:28:31 +0200
From:      Lefteris Tsintjelis <lefty@ene.asda.gr>
To:        Paul Everlund <tdv94ped@cs.umu.se>
Cc:        JT32255@aol.com, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Why Use a Daemon as a Symbol since it alienates many?

	Grow ups or not and as ridiculous as it may sound and probably is,
these are both good points and they both could have effect on FreeBSD's
popularity, the satan looking symbol and the hostility towards Berkeley.
As for the symbol, well, I would expect it to look something more world
wide acceptable, neutral, and cute, like Penguin is and not as a
"demon". We all know the difference between "daemons" and "demons",
however, there are plenty of people that don't and as far as popularity
goes compared to Linux, well, popular doesn't necessarily mean a
"kitchen sink" linux OS, IF HANDLED RIGHT of course, and I am sure that
there isn't anyone here that wouldn't like FreeBSD being popular. After
all, I think it deserves a lot more than Linux does and the way these
third party linux companies such as RedHat and SuSE are handling it.

I am moving this to -chat. It doesn't belong here.

Regards,
Lefteris