Date:      Thu, 17 Jan 2002 11:58:08 -0800
From:      Skye Poier <skye@ffwd.cx>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: tcp service accounting

Thanks, that looks good, but is there anything a little more
light-weight out there??  The security concerns are making me a little
paranoid about ntop and their website/documentation/build process is
ghastly.

I just need a simple daemon that will spit out

IP stats:
     ICMP   n packets in/out  n bytes in/out   % of total in/out
     TCP " " "
     UDP   " " "

TCP/UDP stats:

     port #   n packets in/out   n bytes in/out    % of TCP+UDP total in/out

when I tell it to.  I cant believe there are 182891 tools to track by
address or subnet but there isn't anything that tosses address and just
cares about IP proto and TCP/UDP port.  In fact I would specifically
like it to not keep track of address/subnet so it uses a lot less
memory.

Skye