Date:      Fri, 6 Nov 2009 10:27:44 -0600
From:      Dan Nelson <dnelson@allantgroup.com>
To:        Beat Gaetzi <beat@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        freebsd-gecko@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Call for tester/reviewer: SeaMonkey 2.0

In the last episode (Nov 04), Beat Gaetzi said:
> A few days ago SeaMonkey 2.0 has been released. To install SeaMonkey 2.0 a
> modified bsd.gecko.mk is needed.  Therefore we are not able to commit it
> to the ports tree until the tree is unfreezed.  So now we are looking for
> tester/reviewer of the SeaMonkey 2.0 port.
>
> The port is available in our SVN repository:
> # svn co
> http://trillian.chruetertee.ch/svn/freebsd-gecko/branches/experimental/www/seamonkey-devel
>
> The modified bsd.gecko.mk could be downloaded here:
> http://trillian.chruetertee.ch/svn/freebsd-gecko/branches/experimental/Mk/bsd.gecko.mk

The port built fine on 7-stable, i386 and amd64 platforms.  I have been
building seamonkey-2 locally for a while, and all the patches I had to make
are already in this port, so that's good :)  Profiles import fine from older
seamonkeys, and I tested html5 video playback.

One note, though: the build will fail if you have the spidermonkey-1.7.0
port installed (you'll get a "variable or field 'js_TraceRuntimeNumberState'
declared void" error due to some headers it installs in /usr/local/include).
I don't know if there's an updated spidermonkey or not, but it might be
useful to CONFLICT on 1.7.0 and older.

--
	Dan Nelson
	dnelson@allantgroup.com