Date:      Wed, 6 Sep 1995 10:10:29 +0100 (BST)
From:      Karl Strickland <karl@bagpuss.demon.co.uk>
To:        Paul Traina <pst@shockwave.com>
Cc:        peter@haywire.dialix.com, freebsd-security@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: syslog patches?

> I don't care one way or another, however I would prefer the more paranoid
> version in any case.  Eric's certainly had enough sendmail related bugs in
> the past that I would actually prefer to go with a version that NOT everyone
> is going to pound on.

I'm sure you're not Eric-bashing here (!), but just to make the point - I dont
think its fair to say 'lets not use Eric's code because Eric's sendmail has
bugs'!  Given the quality of sendmail 8.6, and Eric's many other contributions
to BSD over the years, I'd say Eric does an excellent job.

Going with a version that everyone will pound on is a *good* thing IMHO;
the more people that perform security audits on the code, the better it is
in the long term.  It may be a nusiance in the short term, when bugs are
found, but STO doesnt work.

--
Mailed using ELM on FreeBSD               |                    Karl Strickland