Date:      Tue, 17 Nov 2009 05:29:24 +1100
From:      Peter Jeremy <peterjeremy@acm.org>
To:        hardware@freebsd.org, David Wolfskill <david@catwhisker.org>
Subject:   Re: 7.2-STABLE i386 box crashing -- clues?

--2fHTh5uZTiUOsy+g

On 2009-Nov-12 04:59:03 -0800, David Wolfskill <david@catwhisker.org> wrote:
>Yes; the machine is configured to start xdm on transition to
>multi--user, as my spouse used to use it as a desktop.

Does the problem still appear if you don't start X?

Is it running anything unusual when it crashes?

>> At this stage, my suggestion would be to try swapping the PSU.
>
>Thanks.  I'll discuss it with the "family CFO."

You can't swap it with another of your systems?  Even if it doesn't
fit neatly into the case, a temporary swap would give you some
confidence as to whether it was really faulty or not (especially if
the random reboots move to the other system).

--=20
Peter Jeremy

--2fHTh5uZTiUOsy+g

--2fHTh5uZTiUOsy+g--