Date:      Fri, 03 Jan 1997 07:41:50 -0500
From:      Jean-Marc Henriette <jeanmarc@starfleet.umd.edu>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   fixing and instalation

I messed up.... here's what I did.. is this recoverable?

	I looked at my fstab and said humm twould be nice to be able to write
to my DOS partition from FreeBSD so I changed it so that it would (as in
I changed it from read-only to R/W) then I tried to mount -a
it din't work.. said drive busy for all of them .  Rather then sticking
to this I went off and played around in X for a while.. I ended up
rebooting my machine (cause i was dumb) ....

	bottom line, now the system won't come up at all.. it gets as far as
telling me that / was improperly dismounted, and thats it..

	here's what I tried to do to fix it..

	the goal I set in mind was to remove the msdos mount from fstab
(figuring that is whats causing it to hang) it never gets to the part
where it fixes the superblk. I got the fixit.flp image and ran that,
tried to mount the hard-drive so I could edit that file.. but no go it
won't let me mount it because it was shut down improperly.

	how do I fix this? Am I hosed? do I need to reinstall the whole thing
again??

	thanks for the help!
	-JM