Date:      Tue, 25 Nov 1997 19:30:10 -0800
From:      Don Lewis <Don.Lewis@tsc.tdk.com>
To:        Jos Backus <jbackus@plex.nl>, Stephen Roome <steve@visint.co.uk>
Cc:        sthaug@nethelp.no, hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: BIND 8.1.1

On Nov 25, 10:48pm, Jos Backus wrote:
}
} In message <Pine.BSF.3.95.971125124256.19849A-100000@dylan.visint.co.uk> you wr
} ote:
} >But when will it be the default? If there's no bugs (well, no serious ones
} >that have been found) then why delay ?
}
} Because of the missing noforward patch/functionality, is one reason I can
} think of.

There are bugs in that patch anyway (if it's not forwarding, it'll only
ever query one server and if the one it picks is down ...).

The automagic address sorting in responses to local queries was removed
between 4.9.x and 8.1.  I've got a patch to add it back, and I've heard
that this feature will be restored to the 8.x series due to popular demand.

			---  Truck