Date:      Sun, 1 Jun 1997 20:02:34 +0300 (IDT)
From:      Nadav Eiron <nadav@barcode.co.il>
To:        Adrian Li <unixwise@ims03.netvigator.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG, taronga.com!peter@agora.rdrop.com
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD EIDE HD greate than 2G

On Mon, 2 Jun 1997, Adrian Li wrote:

>  I then attempted to install the FreeBSD on my secondary EIDE harddisk,
>  which is only 540M, but when I bootup the boot-disk, the kernel was
>  panic, it fail to recongize all the data-storage device and the PC just
>  hang-up.

Do you get the message: "Panic, cannot mount root"?
Is your second disk the master on the secondary controller???
Does giving the string:
1:wd(2,a)/kernel

at the Boot: prompt solve this problems?

If your answer to the above questions was "yes" then this has nothing to
do with the size of the disk. Search the archives for the solution.

>  according to SCO-unix, their OS have the same problem due to the EIDE
>  hard-disk size is greater than 2G. please give some advance, such that
>  where can I get the new patch to fix this problem, or what else I could
>  do with this.
>
> regards
> Adrian

Nadav