Date:      Wed, 17 Sep 1997 22:03:40 -0400
From:      Andrew Herdman <andrew@whine.com>
To:        scsi@freebsd.org
Subject:   CD-R causing system to freeze then reboot

I just purchased s JVC XR-W2001, hooked it up to my ncr53c810
scsi controller.  Everytime I do anything direted at the drive ( a
dd, scsi command, wormcontrol) the computer freezes, and then reboots.

I haven't been able to get a dump as I have no where large enough
at this time to dump the core to.

I haven'theard of anyone else experiencing freezes and reboots with
CD-R's and wonder if anything else might be amiss.  The probe of
the CDR is below.

Thanks
  Andrew

scbus1 target 4 lun 0: <JVC XR-W2001 2.35> type 4 removable SCSI 2
worm0 at scbus1 target 4 lun 0
worm0: Write-Once