Date:      Sat, 15 Jun 2002 17:47:00 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Nielsen" <nielsen@memberwebs.com>
To:        "Ilia Chipitsine" <ilia@cgu.chel.su>, "Bill Moran" <wmoran@potentialtech.com>
Cc:        <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: ipfw: DNS priority

Ummm, your question has everything to do with DUMMYNET.

> no, my question has nothing to do with DUMMYNET.
> I was asking: "how to tell to ipfw that DNS is more IMPORTANT than other
> packets ?".
>
> I'm not about to shape the rest of packets to 50% of interface
> capacity for all the time being :)

Read the man page. And then read it again, and again. Hint: make a pipe
that's the size of your link, or two pipes for both directions. And then put
queues in that pipe, one for priority traffic, one not. Now prioritize the
queues and voila.

Nate