Date:      Mon, 13 Feb 2012 06:16:22 -0800 (PST)
From:      Bleakwiser <traebarlow@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: [CFT] Hadoop preliminary port

I found some documentation here... although it pertains to RHEL and Debian
and there is a good chance our IDs differ....

I'm no pro but by inducing some of the conversations in the above thread
I'm guessing any UID or GID that isn't allocated for something else is safe
to use?

PS: Something else that mind be interesting to the maintainer... some...
disenchanting claims are made about FreeBSD and Hadoop...
http://search-hadoop.com/m/L1UhF1QJo982/UID+GID+FreeBSD&subj=What+s+the+problem+with+nio+on+FreeBSD+

--
Trae Barlow