Date:      Sun, 3 Nov 2002 14:37:28 -0500
From:      Peter Radcliffe <pir@pir.net>
To:        FreeBSD Mobile <freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   an driver and promisc mode ?

I've used promisc mode with a cisco aironet card before with no
problems, but two of us here are having problems with 4.7-STABLE (mine
is from Thu Oct 17, the other ~ Oct 25th).

As soon as anything puts the interface in promisc mode we lose
association and have to take hte interface down and bring it back up
again to regain association. This could be something at the base
station end but it's odd enough that it puzzles me ...

Anone seen similar problems ?

pir@disapp# ancontrol -S | fgrep Opera
Operating mode:         [ configured MAC ON RX ON synced associated ]
pir@disapp# dsniff
dsniff: listening on an0
^Cpir@disapp# ancontrol -S | fgrep Opera
Operating mode:         [ configured MAC ON RX ON ]
pir@disapp# ifconfig an0 down; ifconfig an0 up

--
pir                pir-sig@pir.net                 pir-sig@net.tufts.edu