Date:      Tue, 19 Dec 1995 15:35:46 +0800 (WST)
From:      Julian Elischer <julian@jhome.DIALix.COM>
To:        gpalmer@westhill.cdrom.com
Cc:        ag@leo.org, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.org, joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de
Subject:   Re: CD WORM

The burner that jordan leant me is broken..
it won't load a disk..
when I get back (Jan 10) jordan os going to give me another to try.
and I hope to get further with it..

> Armin Gruner wrote in message ID
> <Pine.HPP.3.91.951218180049.7026A-100000@hprbg5.informatik.tu-muenchen.de>:
> > sorry for intruding the list without being on it :-) but we've the following
> > problem here: We tried to connect a WORM to our FreeBSD machine, but have
> > no luck so far. I both tried 2.1 with NEW_SCSICONF, and -current as of 12/18.
>
> Okay. The story generally is ``it don't work''. Julian (Elischer) had
> Jordan's burner, but I think he's debunked back to Oz, so I'm not sure
> what's happening.
>
> > (aha0:4:0): "PINNACLE RCD-1000 1.33" type 4 removable SCSI 2
> > worm0(aha0:4:0): Write-Once - UNTESTED
> > worm0(aha0:4:0): NOT READY asc:4,1
> > worm0(aha0:4:0):  Logical unit is in process of becoming ready
> > worm0: oops not queued
> >
> > worm0(aha0:4:0): could not get size
> > - can't get capacity.
>
> That's better than I got the last time I tried (admittedly ~5 months
> ago) - it panic'd the machine! (Although I do seem to remember that
> being fixed)
I got the burner here to the point where I was about ready to write..
but it keeps spitting out the disk..
so.....
the 'oops not queued' message must be from 2.1 right?
I am sure I fixed that (false) message..
it MIGHT be ready to write at this stage..(under -current)
did you try write to it..?

julian