Date:      Thu, 22 Apr 2004 13:30:02 +0200
From:      Pawel Jakub Dawidek <pjd@FreeBSD.org>
To:        "Christian S.J. Peron" <maneo@bsdpro.com>
Cc:        freebsd-security@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: [patch] Raw sockets in jails

--5mjPmdht4ZehXHR2

On Tue, Apr 20, 2004 at 08:00:27PM +0000, Christian S.J. Peron wrote:
+> Poul/group
+>=20
+> The following patch makes raw sockets comply with prison IP addresses.
+> Some tools such as traceroute(8) may require that the prison IP address
+> be specified on the command line. I.E.
+>=20
+> 	traceroute -s <prison ip> <dest address>
+>=20
+> Otherwise it might fail.
+>=20
+> (because of this we may want to get rid of the
+>  create_raw_sockets MIB all together).
+>=20
+> Anyway, take a gander at it (testers feedback welcome):

Looks very neat! I've merge your patch to my jail work (pjd_jail perforce
branch) and changed it to be usable with my multiple ips stuff.
I haven't reviewed nor tested it yet.

--=20
Pawel Jakub Dawidek                       http://www.FreeBSD.org
pjd@FreeBSD.org                           http://garage.freebsd.pl