Date:      Thu, 27 Jan 2000 19:56:34 -0700
From:      Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
To:        Andrew Gallatin <gallatin@cs.duke.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: pc card removal lockup

In message <14479.50958.672619.722352@grasshopper.cs.duke.edu> Andrew Gallatin writes:
: Hmm.. why?  I thought that PCIC_RESUME_RESET was to be used when your
: pccards were not found when your machine resumes.  But suspend/resume
: works great!  (and, in fact, is the only way I can remove cards w/o
: rebooting).

The theory was that the pcic wasn't properly getting reset after the
suspend/resume.

It sounds like your irq for the pcic may be wrong.  It also sounds
like we can't get away with polling mode as default.  More on why
below.  What does the pcic-pci line on your laptop say?  You may have
already posted this, if so please forgive me.

: I was complaining only about the machine locking up when I remove ep0
: while the machine is up & running.

Before or after a suspend?

However, I'm seeing a different problem on my laptop.  It is a Sony
VAIO PCG-505TS.  It has a Ricoh RL5C475 and an unknown host to pci
bridge.  Looks like I have the PIIX4 chipset.

I'm seeing that the machine wedges tight.  It doesn't call the
interrupt routine at all before the wedge.  I think this is a classic
example of the level interrupt turning on and nothing reading or
acknowledging it, which causes infinite interrupt.

I'm going to have to look at the pci bios stuff to see if there's
something there that can be used for this.

Warner