Date:      Fri, 18 Apr 2003 11:02:55 -0500
From:      Nathen Hinson <n.hinson@mail.uhs.utexas.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: sysinstall and others do not detect disks

To All

	With a hearty thanks to Will Viljoen, this issue has been resolved. I
want to post the solution so as to make it into a google index and
other people may have better luck than I in searching about this issue.
It turns out the security level I set the systems to "Extreme", which
did not allow any user to act on devices. duh .... thats what all the
operation not permitted messages were about. I set the security level
back to "Moderate" and everything went smoothly.

Thanks again

Nathen Hinson
Systems Analyst
On - Site Support