Date:      Fri, 4 Jan 2002 02:57:12 -0600
From:      Scott Lamb <slamb@slamb.org>
To:        Archie Cobbs <archie@dellroad.org>
Cc:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: netgraph kernel panic

Looks like I have a slightly different situation than you're describing.
I'm not specifying a "set ipcp ranges" anywhere. The peer chooses an
inside address that's different from but within the same /24 as its
outside address.  I'm trying to run everything within two /16s over the
VPN (which include those addresses). So I guess I'm getting the same
routing loop but in a slightly more complicated way.

Taking out my "set iface route" lines in mpd.conf made it no longer
crash and I can talk to just the VPN host.  So I tried next a "route add
vpnhost mygw" before starting the VPN. It worked. So that's definitely
the problem. It would be nice if there were a slicker way of doing this
(mpd automatically adding that route if this situation occurs?),
especially since I'm on DHCP. And it does make me nervous that mpd can
make the kernel crash at all. But I can at least work around this now.

Thanks a lot for your quick, helpful response.

Scott Lamb