Date:      Mon, 4 Dec 2023 14:50:32 -0800
From:      "Fred G. Finster" <fred@thegalacticzoo.com>
To:        freebsd-arm@freebsd.org
Cc:        jsm@FreeBSD.org, void@f-m.fm
Subject:   Re: firefox broken on arm64 ; about:config WebGL Disable

> From: Jesper Schmitz Mouridsen <jsm_at_FreeBSD.org>
> Date: Sun, 03 Dec 2023 07:34:21 UTC
>
> On 25.11.2023 00.00, Jesper Schmitz Mouridsen wrote:
>> Hi
>>
>> Tabs crashes with signal 4 on arm64 not firefox 115 esr but librewolf
>> 117 dies as well as firefox 119 and 120. Hve not tested 116.
>> example https://gist.github.com/jsm222/e6199a03142f5716921c82c3d2f3ddc5
>>
>> /Jsm
>
> Just build firefox-esr-115.5.0_1,1  and firefox-116.0.3_1,2 the first
> runs with aslr disabled, the latter signals 4.
>
> Any suggestions on what is going on are appreciated.
>
> /jsm

JSM, Void, other fellow FreeBSD-ARM users
See if from inside FireFox,  you open URL about:config
find  webgl.disabled and set it to value TRUE.

See if this fixes crashes in versions 115 , 116 or later,  Firefox-esr
version.  Report back your findings.

webgl.disabled	true

Robonuggie Youtube video shows this solution as working on  Arm64
FreeBSD operating system

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
FireFox broswer keeps crashing in FreeBSD 14.0 Release on aarch64
Raspberry Pi 400

WebGL disable in FireFox web browser (about:config) WebGL.disable TRUE
for aarch64 Raspberry Pi 400 Keyboard. FireFox crashing

Hello a short note, with a RoboNuggie Video at 16:23 start time to see
the problem in action.
  https://youtu.be/thxnemnprPg?si=Nhm1EtUE4Aptcjx0&t=979
https://www.youtube.com/@RoboNuggie  YouTube Channel for RoboNuggie

I will test myself on a Raspberry Pi 4B with 8GB dram running FreeBSD
15.0-CURRENT  building Firefox 120.0_2,2 version

This is from booting up  the FreeBSD 14.0 RELEASE Snapshot image
https://Freebsd.org/where
https://download.freebsd.org/releases/arm64/aarch64/ISO-IMAGES/14.0/
https://download.freebsd.org/releases/arm64/aarch64/ISO-IMAGES/14.0/FreeBSD-14.0-RELEASE-arm64-aarch64-RPI.img.xz

Thank you, Gecko for maintaining the FireFox Browser for FreeBSD.
Will see about making a bug report in bugzilla, after I test the FireFox
120.0_2,2 build version
I see the FireFox version has increased to 121

https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/121.0beta/releasenotes/

Version 121.0beta, first offered to Beta channel users on November 21, 2023

Firefox Beta gets updated 3 times a week and as a consequence, the
release notes for the Beta channel are updated continuously to reflect
features that have reached sufficient maturity to benefit from community
feedback and bug reports.

--
Fred Finster
GhostBSD-Arm64.blogspot.com