Date:      Sun, 30 Dec 2012 17:26:40 -0500
From:      Robert Huff <roberthuff@rcn.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   problem after installkernel going from 9.0 to CURRENT

	Situation:
	One of my boxes failed, and for various reasons it became easier to
just scrub and rebuild it.
	1) Using BSDinstall, I created the first disk:

ada0p1	freebsd-boot	128k
ada0p2	freebsd-swap	4g
ada0p3	freebsd-ufs	25g

	2) Installed off the CD, got it up and running, everything was good.
	3) Like it's predecessor, this wants to run CURRENT.
	Used csup (tag=.) to update the source tree as of midnight last night.
	4) Built world - OK.
	Build kernel - OK.
	Ran mergemaster - OK.
	Installed kernel - OK.
	5) On rebooting, the loader(??) claims to not be able to find a
bootable partition - i.e. I get a screen that ends in "mountpoint  > ".
Providing the presumptive value by hand returns "error 19".
	6) Boot using installation CD and use "gpart show" to double check
device names and partitions; everything looks good.
	7) Try normal booting again, no go.

	This is my first time installing to a GPT partitioned system, and I
have (obviously) failed to grok something.  I checked src/UPDATING and
found nothing which covered this.
	What is it, and how do I fix it?

	Respectfully,

					Robert Huff