Date:      Sat, 30 Sep 2000 00:26:06 -0700
From:      "Crist J . Clark" <cjclark@reflexnet.net>
To:        Dag-Erling Smorgrav <des@ofug.org>
Cc:        Salvo Bartolotta <bartequi@inwind.it>, Heredity Choice <stork@QNET.COM>, freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Unix 2000...

On Fri, Sep 29, 2000 at 03:00:01PM +0200, Dag-Erling Smorgrav wrote:
> Salvo Bartolotta <bartequi@inwind.it> writes:
> > I seem to understand that the process is far from completion. The
> > difficulties on the part of M$ clearly show that NT is decidedly not
> > the right tool for the job. If they are bent on wasting time (and
> > money) on this project, then so be it.
>
> AFAIK, they're transitioning to Windows 2000, not NT.

Yup. Looks like they are really doing it this time. The chatter at the
last BAFUG was that they have pretty much replaced the FreeBSD-Apache
machines. Anyone care to whack at the site to see what servers are
responding? ;)

Here are some news articles, but they are all about two months old.

 http://www.internetnews.com/bus-news/article/0,,3_428711,00.html

 http://www.zdnet.com/zdnn/stories/news/0,4586,2610894,00.html

 http://www.bsdtoday.com/2000/August/Newswire24

 http://www.ugeek.com/news/geeknews/q22000/gee2000803002036.htm