Date:      Sun, 22 Jan 2012 09:09:03 +0000
From:      Matthew Seaman <m.seaman@infracaninophile.co.uk>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: buildworld: don't know how to make iterator.cc

--------------enig9F1F9479416A884F249EDAB5

On 22/01/2012 05:32, Jeremy Chadwick wrote:
> csup then pulls down src/some/Makefile (for RELENG_9), where the versio=
> number is different; say, version 1.14.3.0.  Note that the version
> number is not "higher" (larger) than the previous (1.14.12.3).  Thus
> /usr/src/some/Makefile doesn't get changed/modified.

I've never noticed csup(1) being at all reluctant to update a file based
on the version number going backwards.  Case in point -- recently the
cvsup.uk.freebsd.org server has been frozen and not accepting updates
from upstream.  I've been updating my ports from a different cvsup
server -- if I try cvsup.uk again, I get this:

% root csup -h cvsup.uk.freebsd.org /usr/share/examples/cvsup/ports-supfi=
le
Connected to 2001:630:212:8:20e:cff:fe09:a69c
Updating collection ports-all/cvs
 Checkout ports/MOVED
 Checkout ports/Mk/bsd.gnustep.mk
 Checkout ports/Mk/bsd.linux-apps.mk
 Checkout ports/Mk/bsd.port.mk
 Checkout ports/Mk/bsd.sites.mk
 Checkout ports/Tools/scripts/mergebase.sh
 Checkout ports/UPDATING
 Checkout ports/archivers/par2cmdline-tbb/Makefile
 Checkout ports/archivers/unrar-iconv/Makefile
 Checkout ports/archivers/unrar-iconv/files/patch-iconv
 Checkout ports/archivers/unshield/Makefile
 Delete ports/archivers/unshield/files/patch-unshield-v2-format
 Checkout ports/archivers/upx/Makefile
 Checkout ports/archivers/upx/distinfo
 Checkout ports/archivers/upx/files/patch-src-packer.h
 Checkout ports/astro/R-cran-maptools/Makefile
 Checkout ports/astro/R-cran-maptools/distinfo
^CCleaning up ...

Connection to localhost closed.

That's reverting most of the changes in the last week or so.

	Cheers,

	Matthew

--=20
                                                  Flat 3