Date:      Fri, 2 Aug 2002 21:10:58 +0300
From:      "Toomas Aas" <toomas.aas@raad.tartu.ee>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Starting postfix on 4.6

Hello!

The new Sendmail startup mechanism on 4.6 requires that people using
MTAs other than Sendmail specify the startup script with
mta_start_script variable in rc.conf. I'm using an old(ish) version
of Postfix, installed from ports in July 2001 and I can't figure out
what the value of mta_start_script should be. As a wild guess, I
tried "/usr/local/sbin/postfix" and "/usr/local/sbin/postfix start",
but it didn't work (error messages on bootup scroll off the screen so
fast I can't read them and they don't seem to get logged anywhere).

As a workaround, I created an /usr/local/etc/rc.d/postfix.sh script
which works OK, but it seems kind of inelegant.
--
Toomas Aas | toomas.aas@raad.tartu.ee | http://www.raad.tartu.ee/~toomas/
* This message is ROT13-encrypted twice for extra security.