Date:      Mon, 3 Oct 2005 20:51:45 -0700
From:      "Cai, Quanqing" <caiquanqing@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-firewire@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        dfr@freebsd.org, nike_d@cytexbg.com
Subject:   kern/82727 : [modules] kernel module if_fwip fails to load, machine panics if compiled in kernel

Hi guys,

For kern/82727 I dig into source and find some clues as below.

In file /sys/net/if_fwsubr.c we have following lines:
DECLARE_MODULE(firewire, firewire_mod, SI_SUB_INIT_IF, SI_ORDER_ANY);
MODULE_VERSION(firewire, 1);

In file /sys/dev/firewire/firewire.c we also have conflict lines:
DRIVER_MODULE(firewire,fwohci,firewire_driver,firewire_devclass,fw_modevent=
,0);
MODULE_VERSION(firewire, 1);

So it's very clear where problem is in.I just make some simple changes in
file /sys/net/if_fwsubr.c and fwip works: change firewire to firewire_media=
.

I will try to find another computer to test if linking two computers throug=
fwip works.

BR
Cai, Quanqing