Date:      Thu, 14 Jan 2010 22:28:24 GMT
From:      Rechistov Grigory <ggg_mail@inbox.ru>
To:        freebsd-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   ports/142841: Transmission torrent client crashes while uploading torrents through web interface

>Number:         142841
>Category:       ports
>Synopsis:       Transmission torrent client crashes while uploading torrents through web interface
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
>Environment:
FreeBSD fmdream.campus 7.2-RELEASE-p4 FreeBSD 7.2-RELEASE-p4 #0: Fri Oct  2 12:21:39 UTC 2009     root@i386-builder.daemonology.net:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC  i386

Quite often (but not every time) when I use  web interface to Transmission torrent client to upload a .torrent the application crashes, leaving a coredump.
>How-To-Repeat:
1. Start transmission, enter settings, enable web interface.
2. From a remote machine in a browser open web-page of that web interface.
3. There is a button "Add" in the top side of the page, press it.
4. A file upload dialog appears. Choose "upload a local file", point it to some .torrent that you have received previously from some forum etc. Press "Upload".
5. You can use URL edit field to specify the network location of a .torrent file, the crash is also likely to happen.
6. There is a certain probability, which is quite high, that after this the web page stops responding, refreshing it leads to message "remote server error".
7. Inspection of transmission application show that it just crashed.
>Fix:
None is known. You have to avoid using web interface uploading feature.