Date:      Sat, 19 May 2001 15:32:16 +0200
From:      "Siegbert Baude" <Siegbert.Baude@gmx.de>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        <muaddib@slackwarebrasil.org>
Subject:   Re: Supported Hardware

> > For the scanners you're wrong. sane (available in ports) supports a
> bunch of
> > scanners, not only high-end ones.
> > Look at http://www.mostang.com/sane/ if yours is supported.
> >

> Actually I looked through that site months back & only found a few of
> the better
> scanners were supported ... the majority of which were SCSI ones. Has
> the range
> of supported devices been increased significantly or is it still the
> dozen or so common
> ones ?? The "AOC  Spectrum Scanner" sure doesn't exactly sound to be
> anything
> special (unless its a re-labelled something else.)

Did you look at http://www.mostang.com/sane/sane-backends.html ?
Those are much more than a few. Most are SCSI, true, but the number of
supported USB and parport scanners is increasing permanently.
Sorry, but I couldn't find any AOC scanner. Ist this maybe a clone of
something supported?

Ciao
Siegbert