Date:      Thu, 16 Feb 2006 01:59:18 +0800
From:      Jiawei Ye <leafy7382@gmail.com>
To:        Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@phk.freebsd.dk>
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: calcru: runtime went backwards

I still get calcru messages from kernel built with sources 2 hours ago
cvsupped via cvsup12. When the system is under load, sshd and inetd
can get these messages and stop responding to any requests. As the
machine is at a remote site, my original idea was to keep sshd and
inetd/telnetd running, so that when sshd freezes, I can telnet into
the machine and restart sshd (from a security point of view, this is a
bad thing, I know). But to my surprise, after sshd froze, telnetd
won't respond either. Connection was built successfully but no login
prompt appeared. At this time, any CGI script that httpd invokes will
not run. Could this possibly be some problem with the pts code instead
of the accounting code?

Jiawei Ye
--
"Without the userland, the kernel is useless."
               --inspired by The Tao of Programming