Date:      Thu, 11 Dec 2003 17:32:21 -0800 (PST)
From:      Julian Elischer <julian@elischer.org>
To:        Nate Lawson <nate@root.org>
Cc:        arch@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Common device driver classes?

On Thu, 11 Dec 2003, Nate Lawson wrote:

> Those would definitely be properties of the CPU and could be exported via
> sysctl.  My need is a little different in that I need to attach a child
> driver to a cpu.

If I understand what was said.. then I agree that a buss for each CPU's
private "drivers", (one bus per cpu) off the root nexus
would make sense. One would assume also that PCPU(mybus)
would point to the bus, and that each bus would be able to identify it's
CPU. The question is how one schedules that control goes to the correct
cpu whe you try run that driver as it is likely if it is reading PCPU
registers etc. that it can only successfully run on that CPU.