Date:      Tue, 28 Apr 1998 01:00:18 -0400
From:      Justin Ogden <jlo@csrlink.net>
To:        isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   dialin connections

Hello,
    I've encountered a problem with PPP connections that I just set up.
Looking for any information that I can get.  <g>  Here's the scoop...
I'm running FreeBSD 2.2.5 with mgetty 1.1.14, I have successfully setup
ppp dialin sessions, and they work great!  But after the person logs
off, their ppp process is still running, and the modem won't reset until
the process is killed.  I set up the system as described at
http://www.freebsd.org/handbook/handbook180.

The process that is still running is listed as:

272  a1  Ss+        0:00.23    /usr/sbin/ppp -direct papcuaa1

After I kill the process, things the modem resets and things go back to
normal.

Any ideas?  Need more info?  Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks a million in advance,
Justin