Date:      Tue, 11 May 1999 18:17:17 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Daniel Eischen <eischen@vigrid.com>
To:        faber@ISI.EDU, jabley@clear.co.nz
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD native xanim (was Re: Native Applixware for FreeBSD -- When? )

> Thanks for the offer, Joe, and I think it's generally a good thing,
> but the xanim author won't go that route.  See
> http://xanim.va.pubnix.com/xa_dlls.html .  The short form is that the
> NDA he's under (or at least his interpretation thereof) won't let him
> upload to an account and compile there.

Why not have someone with a Linux box build a Linux->FreeBSD cross
compiler for the xanim author.  I did this a couple of years ago
for a Solaris->FreeBSD (elf) cross compiler without too much of
a problem.  Since we're now officially at ELF and using the GNU
toolchain, it shouldn't be too difficult to do.  And no, I'm
not volunteering - my plate is full (and I don't have a Linux box
any longer :-)).

Hmm, if this were done, perhaps we could make it available for
other Linux vendors to use in building native FreeBSD apps...

Dan Eischen
eischen@vigrid.com