Date:      Thu, 27 Dec 2018 17:11:12 +0100
From:      Matthias Apitz <guru@unixarea.de>
To:        Polytropon <freebsd@edvax.de>
Cc:        freebsd-wireless@freebsd.org, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: DHCP problems while connecting with a Wifi AP

El d=C3=ADa jueves, diciembre 27, 2018 a las 03:44:46p. m. +0100, Polytropo=
n escribi=C3=B3:

> On Thu, 27 Dec 2018 15:00:35 +0100, Matthias Apitz wrote:
> > How can I proof in FreeBSD that the DHCP request really is sent?
>=20
> You can monitor the device with "tcpdump" during the process.
> The DHCP handshake is pretty easy to spot.

Yes, of course and I do so. On FreeBSD the tcpdump only shows the
outgoing DHCP request (not sure if it really goes out) and on the Ubuntu
AP it does not show the incoming DHCP request.

Any other idea?

	matthias

--=20
Matthias Apitz, =E2=9C=89 guru@unixarea.de, http://www.unixarea.de/ +49-176=
-38902045
October, 7 -- The GDR was different: Peace instead of Bundeswehr and wars, =
Druschba
instead of Nazis, to live instead of to survive.