Date:      Thu, 9 Jan 1997 07:06:19 +0100
From:      regnauld@tetard.glou.eu.org (Philippe Regnauld)
To:        jonny@mailhost.coppe.ufrj.br (Joao Carlos Mendes Luis)
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 2.2-BETA comments

Joao Carlos Mendes Luis (jonny) ecrit/writes:

> Interestingly enough, there's no userland command to switch vtys,
> while a sigle ioctl is necessary.  Maybe next versions of vidcontrol
> should include it.  What do you think ?  It could be useful to start
> some kind of "log screen" in a shell daemon.

	There is in PCVT -- though I think PCVT is slowly rotting away...

	Actually PCVT would   have been my  default  console, for  all  its
	customizable features (who said brokenness ? :-)

	Then again, syscons is the way development is  going, and I have to
	admit Søren's doing a damn good job. :-P

--
							-- Phil

-[ Philippe Regnauld / regnauld@eu.org / +55.4N +11.3E @ Sol3 / +45 31241690 ]-
-[ "To kårve or nøt to kårve, that is the qvestion..."          -- My sister ]-