Date:      Sat, 17 May 2003 19:52:51 +0200
From:      Jalle <defacto@home.se>
To:        Alfonso Romero <ibac@prodigy.net.mx>, freebsd-questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Using php and apache2 in a production environment

Apache 2 has been around for ages now, and still, all READMEs and such is=20
warning about using Apache 2 in production environments.
I know that this is not a warning to be taken lightly, the people at Apache=
=20
knows what they are talking about, being developers of the, by far, most=20
popular and extensively used web server on the internet today. Even so, I=20
think Apache 2 could easily be taken for "stable" by now. I have used it on=
=20
my own server (my personal, not in a production environment) for over a=20
year. Not even a single hickup! It's definitely working better than the=20
first Apache server I used some time ago.
This being said, if you feel anxious about using a non-production software=
=20
in a production environment, then stick to Apache 1.3. After all, it's=20
still a great server.

/Jalle