Date:      Fri, 08 Dec 2000 16:58:53 +0000
From:      Yoriaki FUJIMORI <fujimori@grafin.fujimori.cache.waseda.ac.jp>
To:        freebsd-alpha@freebsd.org
Subject:   ccc/cxx on 4.1R

Dear Folks,
I am trying to install Compaq's ccc/cxx for Alpha/linux on FreeBSD/Alpha 4.1R
with SuSE6.3 libraries.
As far as I have checked, SuSE6.3 binaries are working properly on
the linux-emulator.  But, when I invoke ccc, it returns
`Bad system call' error (signal 12, non-existent system call).
Besides, I watch many errors related to rpm-packages.
(So, I used cpio.)

I wonder if there is any URL describing how to install Compaq ccc/cxx
on FreeBSD/alpha.  Is SuSE6.3 a bad choice?

Thank you for your attention.
Yoriaki FUJIMORI