Date:      Mon, 29 Jun 1998 09:17:23 -0700
From:      Greg Johnson <johnson@nrtc.northrop.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   IP_DIVERT problem solved

Hello all,

  (Sheepish mode on!)  Yesterday I submitted an e-mail message
indicating that I was having trouble running a newly built kernel
with IP_DIVERT enabled.  The problem actually had nothing to do
with IP_DIVERT.  I was inadvertantly building a version of the
FreeBSD kernel that was somehow incompatible with the 2.2.6 file
system on my machine.  When I discovered the problem, unpacked
kernel source from the 2.2.6 CD-ROM, and re-built the 2.2.6 kernel,
everything was fine.  Sorry for the false alarm.

Greg JOhnson