Date:      Thu, 27 Apr 95 08:40:17 EDT
From:      tom@batc.allied.com (Tom Roden)
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Problems booting SNAP 0412 from hard disk

Greetings,

This is a follow-up to my posting to this list yesterday (included below).
I have tried booting the machine with 'turbo' off, changing the disk
initialization delays, etc. and it still won't finish booting off the hard
disk.  This machine worked fine with previous SNAPS.

Others have indicated similar problems.

Can someone from the FreeBSD team please comment or offer suggestions on this.

[my posting from yesterday]

> A problem has appeared with SNAP 0412 that was not present in previous
> snapshots:
>
> Installation of the boot floppy and cpio floppy proceed without incident.
> Kernel correctly identifies both hard drives (model and geometry).  Upon
> reboot from the hard disk, everything proceeds normally until I get the
> 'changing root device to wd1a' message, at which point the computer locks up
> and the only solution is to push reset.

Regards,

Tom