Date:      Tue, 08 Apr 2003 17:51:16 +1000
From:      "Mark Gladman" <mark_gladman@hotmail.com>
To:        freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org
Subject:   Firewall testing issues.

Hi people,

Hopefully this is the right list to post this question to..

I've got a strange (or maybe not so strange) network setup, and I'm not 100%
sure of how to test the firewall.

There's an external ADSL router connected to the FreeBSD box running ipfw,
and then behind that we've got 3 windows machines.

The ADSL router uses a static route to forward packets(?) to the FreeBSD
box.

Every portscan etc. I try and do from the outside world seems to just hit
the ADSL router and scan it, which is kinda pointless..

Anyone know what the solution is? I'm pretty much stumped right about now..

Cheers,
Mark

MSN Instant Messenger now available on Australian mobile phones. Go to
http://ninemsn.com.au/mobilecentral/hotmail_messenger.asp