Date:      Sun, 9 Jan 2011 10:05:25 -0600
From:      Brandon Gooch <jamesbrandongooch@gmail.com>
To:        Subbsd <subbsd@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-virtualization@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: way for determine VIMAGE feature

On Sun, Jan 9, 2011 at 9:17 AM, Subbsd <subbsd@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi
>
> is there any mechanism to find out from userland =A0is supports the
> current kernel VIMAGE or not? something like 'sysctl
> kern.features.vnet=3D1' ?
> Thanks

I've not been able to determine this either, but as it requires kernel
re-configuration, I usually just know. In my scripts, I make sure and
fail if the call to create a vnet jail fails:

sh -c 'TEST=3D$(sudo jail -c vnet name=3Dtest host.hostname=3Dtest path=3D/=
) ;
if [ $? =3D "1" ]; then echo "VIMAGE NOT AVAILABLE" ; exit 1 ; fi'

...or something like that.

There may be a better way, or perhaps there should be.

-Brandon