Date:      Tue, 15 Sep 1998 08:24:26 -0500
From:      "Bryan Bunch" <bryanb@walls-media.com>
To:        <freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Disk Problems..

The last couple of weeks I have been getting the following in my dump logs after
I do a level 0 dump:

==================
 DUMP: read error from /dev/rsd1s1e: Input/output error: [block 7023280]:
count=8192
  DUMP: read error from /dev/rsd1s1e: Input/output error: [sector 7023284]:
count=512
==================

On my subsequent levle 1 and 2 dumps I don't get the error (I assume the data is
not being backed up). As soon as I do another level 0 dump I get the errors
again. I have tried umounting the disk and doing a fdisk on the partition (no
errors show up), but I continue to get the errors. When doing a fdisk I am just
doing 'fdisk /dev/partition'. Are there other options I can use to try and fix
this problem and if I can't fix it, is this something I should worry about? The
machine seems to be working fine.

Thanks in advance for any help/suggestions.

Bryan Bunch
bryanb@walls-media.com