Date:      Fri, 14 Mar 1997 10:26:55 +0100 (MET)
From:      Wolfgang Helbig <helbig@MX.BA-Stuttgart.De>
To:        imp@village.org (Warner Losh)
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: CTM 3128 kernel compiles and boots

> Yippie!
> 	I just upgraded my kernel to the one that CTM 3128 (cvs) brought
> me this afternoon.  Seems to be sane so far.  Now for the real test:
> to see if make world works.  If so, I'll know by 7:00am MST :-(.  Wish
> me luck.

Ok, here are my wishes : Good luck.

The new kernel contains a work around for a buggy IDE-Chip (CMD640). It works
fine on machines that have this Chip. What needs testing is the case
for IDE-machines that do not use the CMD640.

To enable the test add
	options "CMD640"
		^      ^
to your kernel configuration file. (Don't forget the ")

The kernel then will probe for this chip and hopefully will work if you
do not have the CMD640.

Thanks in advance,
Wolfgang