Date:      Mon, 03 Apr 2006 09:24:39 -0400
From:      Alain Hebert <ahebert@pubnix.net>
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Problems with SATA drives on PDC20771 and SiI3512 controllers

    Known problem with the 2300.

    I've tried every combinaison possible of firmware and drive without
avail.

    Even geom with raid confirguration would replicate the problem.

    I suggest that you go with a 3ware device which works perfectly in
my cases
    (Production servers).

    Or a PDC20378 which also work perfectly with 5.4 here.
    (dont know about 6+ and kinda scare to try it.)

    Good luck.