Date:      Tue, 26 May 1998 13:33:52 -0700
From:      Don Wilde <don@partsnow.com>
To:        "Justin T. Gibbs" <gibbs@freefall.freebsd.org>, Mike Smith <mike@smith.net.au>, freebsd-hardware@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RAID controller support

Gentlemen -
	On looking thru the -hackers archives, the two of you seem most likely
to have some advice. I'm buying a new server for a colocated web host
and I'd like to buy one of the all-in-one boxes like the Dell 4100 or
Micron Netframe. The Dell uses the AMI MegaRAID 434, the Micron uses
Intel's new i960 RAID controller. My research from earlier posts is that
AMI was not helpful. Is that still the case? Leasing becomes much
simpler if it's just one box, although from a long-term perspective I'm
better off to go with a Winchester Systems multi-host standalone SCSI-3
RAID box and some smaller servers like Dell 2200's.
--
  oooOOO O O O o * * *  *   *   *