Date:      Wed, 11 Mar 2015 10:29:14 -0400
From:      Paul Mather <paul@gromit.dlib.vt.edu>
To:        jungle Boogie <jungleboogie0@gmail.com>
Cc:        "freebsd-arm@freebsd.org" <freebsd-arm@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: BBB freebsd-current backtrace. why?

On Mar 11, 2015, at 12:09 AM, jungle Boogie <jungleboogie0@gmail.com> =
wrote:

> Hi Jason,
> On 10 March 2015 at 19:05, Jason Birch <jbirch@jbirch.net> wrote:
>>=20
>> They're lock order reversals, as enabled by the WITNESS kernel =
option. You
>> probably don't need to worry, but it's helpful to check if they've =
been
>> reported and, if not, report them.
>>=20
>> You might be running into this one:
>> http://sources.zabbadoz.net/freebsd/lor/261.html
>>=20
>> Quick Googling turns up these resources:
>>=20
>> lock order reversals - what do they mean?:
>> =
https://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-current/2003-December/016617.h=
tml
>> Glossary of Kernel Options for Debugging:
>> =
https://www.freebsd.org/doc/en/books/developers-handbook/kerneldebug-optio=
ns.html
>> FreeBSD LOR(lock order reversal)s seen and comments:
>> http://sources.zabbadoz.net/freebsd/lor.html
>=20
> Based on what Ian says, I hope these BT don't continue. Those threads
> are very likely before the BBB was made...much less had freeBSD
> running, so hopefully some progress has been made with freeBSD.

Related to what Ian said (re: the LOR list not being actively maintained =
any more), for a while now I have been using this kernel config file =
with my Beaglebone Black:

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D8<=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D
include BEAGLEBONE
ident BEAGLEBONE-NO_WITNESS

nooption WITNESS
nooption WITNESS_SKIPSPIN
=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D>8=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D

I did this when the stability of FreeBSD/arm was rather shaky (it's =
improved immensely, now), and I'd often confuse the LOR output for =
panics at first glance. :-)

Cheers,

Paul.=