Date:      15 May 1998 12:36:01 +0200
From:      dag-erli@ifi.uio.no (Dag-Erling Coidan =?iso-8859-1?Q?Sm=F8rgrav?= )
To:        Eliezer Rodriguez Gonzalez <elie@intranet.one.gov.cu>
Cc:        Evren Yurtesen <yurtesen@ispro.net.tr>, freebsd-net@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: your mail

Eliezer Rodriguez Gonzalez <elie@intranet.one.gov.cu> writes:
> You can connect up to four hubs in a daisy-chained fashion. I mean in a
> serie, one exactly behind the other. Beware, the cable to connect one
> hub to another is crossover cable, not a straight-through one.

Boink. That depends on the particular type of hub. Most modern hubs
have a port (usually the last, or rightmost, port) with either two
connectors (one of which is crossed internally) or a switch to enable
or disable crossing. With these hubs, it doesn't matter if the cable
is crossed or not. You just plug in the cable, and if the link light
doesn't come on, you flip the switch. All Accton hubs (at least the
16, 16i and 16mi), to mention just one brand, have this functionality.

--
Noone else has a .sig like this one.