Date:      Sat, 26 May 2001 10:47:23 -0400 (EDT)
From:      User Ipt Ian Patrick Thomas <ipthomas_77@yahoo.com>
To:        mh-freebsd-questions@space.net (Martin Hasenbein)
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: shutdown and power-off

	Try apmconfig first and then just apm.  See if it says that apm is enabled.  Then try
shutdown -p now.  If it is still a no go, there is probably a setting in your BIOS that is
expecting your OS to be able to use APM features found only in windows as of now.  You need to
shut this option off.

Ian

As told by, Martin Hasenbein

Have blue screens given you the blues, go to www.freebsd.org for the cure.