Date:      Thu, 16 Jan 2003 23:21:00 -0800
From:      Murray Stokely <murray@FreeBSD.org>
To:        stable@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   FreeBSD 4.8 code freeze in 15 days

--V0207lvV8h4k8FAm

Preparing releases on multiple branches has not been easy, and I would
like to thank everyone for their patience.  FreeBSD 5.0 is almost
ready, but we also need to think about FreeBSD 4.8.  I hope that we
can make a very solid release worthy of being the last major release
on the solid 4.X branch.  If necessary, we may still follow this up
with a 4.9 this summer.

The code freeze will begin on February 1st, and we hope to release a
month later.  As always, if you have any questions please email
re@FreeBSD.org.

	  Thanks,

	  - Murray / Release Engineering Team

--V0207lvV8h4k8FAm