Date:      Wed, 03 May 2006 15:49:48 -0600
From:      Phil Oleson <oz@nixil.net>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Google SOC project Suggestion page.

Hey..

	I was perusing the SOC project page
(http://www.freebsd.org/projects/summerofcode.html) to see what was
likely to be worked upon by the SOC volunteers, and noticed the 'BSD
licensed API compatible version of GNU readline' suggestion.  I thought
we already had a solution for this in libedit, except that we exclude
the readline compatability layer because readline is part of the base
system and would cause conflicts?  Shouldn't this project suggestion be
reworded to  say complete/flesh out libedit's readline compatability
layer in the effort to remove the readline library from the base system?
Or are we wanting someone to re-invent the wheel again?

	-Phil.