Date:      Thu, 05 Jul 2007 17:31:07 +0200
From:      Gunther Mayer <gunther.mayer@googlemail.com>
To:        freebsd-apache@freebsd.org
Subject:   Apache not logging user agents

Hi there,

I'd like to start using some log stats tools like webalizer or awstats
but they need the right information in the logs to build stats from. I
checked my httpd.conf file (it's still very close to the default config)
and it correctly specifies the NCSA extended/combined log format:

LoadModule log_config_module libexec/apache22/mod_log_config.so
<IfModule log_config_module>
    LogFormat "%h %l %u %t \"%r\" %>s %b \"%{Referer}i\"
\"%{User-Agent}i\"" combined
    CustomLog /var/log/apache/httpd-access.log combined
</IfModule>

However, most of my logs entries end with %>s %b without any referer or
user agent info at the end, these only appear very haphazardly (e.g. on
30 June only 26 out of 1801 entries include referer and user-agent).

Does anybody know what could be wrong?

Gunther