Date:      Wed, 24 May 1995 17:14:50 -0400
From:      Pragnesh Sampat <pss@fore.com>
To:        Julian Elischer <julian@ref.tfs.com>
Cc:        rv@fore.com (Rajesh Vaidheeswarran), hackers@FreeBSD.org, announce@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Drivers for FORE systems cards under FreeBSD

> I asked Fore systems about this..
> (4 days ago)
> their response email (unfortunatly deleted) said
> we would have to pay (I think) $10,000 (or was it 20?)
> and sign an NDA.
>
> I wish they'd make up their mind!
> Poul and I have an ATM network with FORE aystems on it we could test against,
> but I doubt we're going to fork over 10K for it..
>
> julian

The AALI is on our ftp server and a public document.  It does *not* require
an NDA.  What Jim Carlin (the email you are referring to) meant was for a
program we have for Independent Software Vendors (ISV).  ISV is a package
which has the source code to the driver in addition to the AALI (and some
other stuff) and requires an NDA.  There are vendors who buy this and
port/build a driver for their platform etc.  Jim just may not have been
aware that the AALI is a publicly available document.  I hope this is
clear.  Let me know otherwise.

-Pragnesh